In order to upgrade the Bios and hardware firmware on Cisco C series series we need to have the following:
- To know the c-series product model # you looking to upgrade the firmware on
- Download the latest iso image with server firmware.
How do we achieve it:
- download HUU ( Host Upgrade Utility) ISO image to your workstation
- login to C-IMC ( Cisco Integrated Management Controller) via a browser
- open up Java based virtual KVM
- attach the iso image from your workstation
- reboot server
- Press F6 during the boot
- boot from virtual DVD
- run the pre-upgrade check
- upgrade bios and firmware on raid controller, mlom, NIC cards, and etc reboot the system
Server Product model and version can easily be identified under “Server Summary” when you login to the server via CIMC.
You will need to have an account with Cisco to download the server Continue reading →